Copies of films, videos and DVDs from the Film Archive collection can be watched in our Mediatheque. Students, researchers and everyone interested in Hungarian films are welcome.
Our media library contains DVDs and video cassettes. This stock is designed for research purposes and can only be viewed in the Archive; we do not lend material. We welcome visits from students, researchers and all interested in film history.
Films in the mediatheque:
• copies of films owned by the Hungarian National Film Archive
• copies received as archiving supplements of new Hungarian films, for research purposes
• purchased pre-recorded editions
Viewing is possible in the Archive (1021 Budakeszi út 51/E), between 7 am – 3 pm weekdays, on VHS and DVD players. Since the number of viewing stations is limited, requests should be submitted by e-mail minimum two weeks before the planned visit.
Requests should include the following:
• for private individuals: name, postal address, e-mail
• for institutions: authorized signature, postal address, e-mail
• the planned date of visit and number of visitors
• list of the material to be viewed: title/original title, director, production year
• please write the following in the e-mail subject line: ‘Film megtekintése a médiatárban’ (‘Viewing film in the mediatheque’)
We will reply within two working days about whether the requested films are available and when they can be viewed.
Hourly charge: HUF 750 + VAT (ÁFA)/hour, calculated from the beginning of each half hour. This rate is irrespective of the number of people using the service. The charge must be settled on the day of viewing, having used the service. Payment method: cash.